RE: Classes and course speeds

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>,
Subject: RE: Classes and course speeds
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:50:34 -0700
The exact speed depends on the tires. Using the specs I have, which are
supposedly based on the stock configuration of the car, they are as follows:

'94 Miata, redline 7000 RPM, 4.1 diff ratio, 185x60x14 tires, 5.53' measured:
        1st gear 34 MPH, 2nd gear 57 MPH, 3rd gear 81 MPH
'96 Miata, same as '94
'98 Miata, redline 7000 RPM, 4.3 diff ratio, 195x50x15 tires, 5.74' measured:
        1st gear 34 MPH, 2nd gear 56 MPH, 3rd gear 80 MPH

This would be actual speed, not speedomer indicated speed.

Compared to John, I'm calculating a higher speed in 2nd and the same speed in
3rd.