Re: Classes and course speeds

To: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>, Pat Kelly
Subject: Re: Classes and course speeds
From: "Allendorfer, Mike" <mwa96imp@regionofdoom.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 19:03:33 -0700
er..  I don't think so.  Ain't no Ford or anything since a 2 speed
Powerglide  2.56:1 geared hot rod chevy that can go that fast in first (at
least nothing licensed for the street).  I know I can put my Impala in "1st"
and it will do 80 or so, but I'm quite aware that it upshifts to 2nd when it
hits the redline in 1st gear, regardless of what the lever is stuck in.  At
least until someone reprograms the pcm to not do that ;-)
Mike Allendorfer (96 Impala "the taxi driver")
89 Honda Civic SI daily driver w/ 227K miles