RE: Speed Racer Trivia

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speed Racer Trivia
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 17:48:44 -0700
>From the Grapevine at AtlasF1.com:

 The New "Mr Burns"
        Formula One boss Bernie 'Mr Burns' Ecclestone is reportedly set to
become the star of a
        new Simpsons-style cartoon series based around Formula One. The
cartoon, which will be
        set 300 years in the future and feature Grand Prix races between
different universes, has been set
        up by Ecclestone himself after he contacted Chrysalis Television
about the idea. It has an F1
        license to help worldwide sales, and around #8 million (pounds) will
be invested in the project.

        Cosgrove Hall, the animation company which produced Dangermouse and
Bill and Ben will begin
        production of the new cartoon in the summer and although the
scriptwriters have already started,
        the series will not debut until 2003. Ecclestone was sceptical over
his appearance in the programme,
        but was convinced and will make it into the character line-up having
been cryogenically preserved!

That it's being put together by the megalomaniac himself isn't a promising
start, but perhaps it will drift over to Speedvision some time in the next
300 years.

Peter