draft new supplemental regs: comments?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, axng4me@yahoo.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: draft new supplemental regs: comments?
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:27:48 -0700 (PDT)
Any comments on these draft rules - my notes in square
brackets:

i) All drivers must stop and collect a timeslip at the
end of each run. If no-one is available to distribute
timeslips, drivers must come to a stop before exiting
the course. Any driver not stopping may be assessed a
DNF.

[What if the run was already a DNF  there is no
incentive to stop? 2 second penalty on best run?
what about 3 DNFs - ok, unlikely!]

ii) Cellular phones, including those with hands-free
headsets, must not be used while working on course or
grid, for safety reasons.   It is advised that phones
be turned off during work sessions to avoid
distraction.  Workers using cellular phones on course
may be disqualified from the event

[This could be an adder to the safety DSQ rule]

iii) Drivers must not hit the timing lights. If the
event is disrupted to re-align or repair the lights a
DNF will be assessed whether or not the timing device
records a time.

.. any simplifications or clarifications? Gotcha's
that I missed?

My intent would be to bring these to the SC and ask to
vote on the rules individually (someone tell me if I'm
off base on procedure). If the rule doesn't get voted
for, I would presume that it's not enforcable - i.e.
the DNF for timeslip puzzle that started this.

Craig

http://auctions.yahoo.com/