RE: draft new supplemental regs: comments?

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Subject: RE: draft new supplemental regs: comments?
From: Geoff Mohler <gemohler@speedracer.speedtoys.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, Michael R. Clements wrote:

> I would suggest we not limit the rule to cell phones. We should include any
> gadget (such as a PDA, Gameboy) that would distract one's attention from the
> course.
>
> It doesn't seem like anyone would be (dumb, naive, silly) enough to use a PDA
> or Gameboy while on course, but reality can be stranger than imagination. . .
---
Perhaps to re-word the rule to classify any devices on the course other
than course radios and other assigned devices..to fall under cameras.  A
spotter must be required, and a worker cannot be used as a spotter.

And DNF on hitting the lights seems overly restrictive.  Even a good
driver can get caught be a brilliant course design at the finish.

---
Geoff Mohler <gemohler@speedtoys.com>
California, USA