Re: tire mounting: car discrimination ?

To: Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com>, mrclem@telocity.com,
Subject: Re: tire mounting: car discrimination ?
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 13:10:13 -0700 (PDT)
..
--- Alan Gruner <algruner@yahoo.com> wrote:
.... If you had shown up in an econobox
> with 4 wheels and tires in the back, they might very
> well have given you the $60 mount and balance.

My '89 Dodge Colt Hatch is for sale :-)  It can
accomodate lots of tires and is very useful for the
bad parts of town.

Seriously, I agree with Alan's advice. I first figured
this out when picking parts out of a junkyard, when I
went up to pay/negotiate, the dude at the desk looked
at me rather than the part, trying to figure out what
I was worth (not much). We settled on $10, I'm not
sure what conclusion I drew, but I was happy with the
price.

Craig
http://auctions.yahoo.com/