RE: Mountain Biking in Marina?

To: Rob Weinstock <weinstro@hotmail.com>, kkelly@spss.com,
Subject: RE: Mountain Biking in Marina?
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:14:30 -0800 (PST)
So where were all these mountain bike experts
yesterday? The turnout for the ride was, well,limited.
I have to tell you autox in Marina followe by riding
over to Fort Ord is as good as gets. Next time...

I bought my bike by looking at everything between $500
and $1200  at a patient bike shop. I really didn't
know Deore from LX from XTR  and couldn't grasp the
difference. So I ended up with a $500ish hardtail.
It's been a lot of fun (2500 miles since labor day).

It has done what I wanted, i.e. my basic fitness has
improved and despite one broken wheel, 3 broken
chains, numerous flats it's been reliable. I do spend
more time and money maintaining the bike than the
Miata.

I've only had one semi-bad fall, scraping one whole
side of my body and releasing lots of blood. It made
mefeel like a real mountain-biker.

If I buy another bike it'll probably be Lance's bike
(Lance Armstrong has now atop my hero list) - a really
fast road bike is closer to a sports car than an
SUV-like mountain bike.

Craig

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/