RE: Mountain Biking in Marina?

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mclements@telocity.com>, Smokerbros@aol.com,
Subject: RE: Mountain Biking in Marina?
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:06:16 -0800 (PST)
--- "Michael R. Clements" <mclements@telocity.com>
wrote:
> Frame and wheels are the most important parts, and
> worth paying extra for. Get
> a bike with good frame & wheels and don't worry too
> much about the rest.

Probably good advice. The thing that didn't register
for me when I was buying, despite being told, is that
modern bikes are very upgradeable. You can swap out
almost every component for something different. Buying
a particular brand is not especially important as
there is a huge amount of cross-compatability.  Think:
If I don't like the transmission on my Honda, I can
just take the one that I saw on Toyota and it'll work
fine. So just buy a decent frame, and upgrade as you
need, or not.

Craig
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/