Re: Mountain Biking in Marina?

To: Mike Eynon <stingray@onth.com>
Subject: Re: Mountain Biking in Marina?
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:25:02 -0800
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 08:13:50AM -0800, Mike Eynon wrote:
> As well, A front shock on any bike less
> than $400-500 is gonna be worthless.  You would be better off buying a nicer
> bike without a front shock, and then putting a decent one on later when you
> feel you need it.

Unfortunately, that's nearly impossible.  I went looking for just such
a bike (good quality, no front suspension).  The most expensive bike
we saw with no suspension was $300.  She wound up getting a touring
(road) bike because there were no good quality mountain bikes without
suspension.

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94