Re: Tires for Street Tire classs

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires for Street Tire classs
From: David Parker <dparker@verity.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Dave,

Sorry I was not around to join the discussion of tire brands.
What I did was go to the tire rack web site and search for
available high perf./ultra high perf. tires in my size 225-50-16
and then compare prices.  I found a local tire place to match
the tire rack price on the Dunlops which were about half as
much as the others I liked.  The great thing about the street
tire class is that you really can use whatever car/tires you
drive on the street, and still be competitive.  I had previously
used Dunlop D40-M2 tires, and liked them better for autox but
not as well for street use.  I have been rotating tires side
to side since the outside shoulders go bald while the rest of
the tire still has good tread.

David