Re: Tires for Street Tire classs

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires for Street Tire classs
From: "Patrick" <pjsimm@inreach.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:52:30 -0700
I have been running the RE71s on my Neon for the last season and like the
way they handle. You mention that you would like them to drive well in the
rain. It has been my experience that they are down right scary in the rain
on the highway. I drive from Modesto to Livermore for work about 50 miles a
day. On dry or just damp roads they are fine but if there is any standing
water you get to go skating. As the tread wore things got worse to the point
I stopped driving it to work in the rain and took my truck. 33 inch BFG mud
terrain tires they won't hydroplane in a foot of water.

Patrick Simmons
#5 Neon ACR SFRSCCA DS-ST