RE: Round 14

To: Sherry.Grantz@Aspect.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Round 14
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 17:29:22 GMT
>Actually. John, after going through all the new registrations Monday night
>before giving them to Pilar I found we had 37 new registrations - some of
>these were +spouse and +family.
>
>This means we have signed up at least 100 new members since the Members
>Only
>Rule went into effect.
>
>Registration at this event was an absolute zoo. We don't have the staff or
>time to register 250 people and initiate a couple dozen people to SCCA
>(explain how the event works, figure out what class their car is in and
>when
>they run) at every event.
>
>I personally think we have all the people we can handle for now and will
>advocate Members Only for slush and No New Members accepted at event
>registration.

That's an interesting idea. If we are continuously at capacity, then another
solution would be to require some form of preregistration, and/or a maximum
cap on participants.

Another solution is to simply raise entry fees. If we're always having high
attendance, that's because we're giving an incredible good deal. Demand and
supply. $10 might make a noticable difference in attendance.

Regards,

Rob

http://profiles.msn.com.