Re: Looking for info: Lotus Elise

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Re: Looking for info: Lotus Elise
From: "Boris Elpiner" <boriselp@altavista.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 14:56:37 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
> Does anyone know if Lotus will export actual street versions of the Lotus
> Elise anytime soon?

Ever since I saw the Elise in Europe I was keeping an eye on the car and its
availability in US. Unfortunately it doesn't seems likely. However, Lotus
was showing around a Lotus M250 concept car built on the Elise's platform.
It's a coupe with 250HP 3L V6. According to the latest Autoweek M250 will be
available in US in 2004 (I think) for about $60k. Click on the link below
and be careful not to drool all over your keyboard:-).

http://www.conceptcarz.com/m250.html

Just imagine what 2200lbs Lotus with 250hp will do to SS:-) I don't think
there is a chance for it to be classed in SS, it probably will be an ASP car
from the get-go.

Boris. "drooling"