Re: Looking for info: Lotus Elise

To: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>,
Subject: Re: Looking for info: Lotus Elise
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 00:06:10 -0700
Peter,

Thanks for the Pics. Saw my first Gullwing in a up-scale Taluka Lake
restaurant parking lot in '54 or '55. My buddy, who steered us to the Merc,
was "into" this exotic stuff and bought an '53 XK120M roadster in '55. Took
me out for a tire test one Sunday afternoon. I didn't know what a "tire
test" was. You find this curvy road, drive as fast as you can while passing
cars, as you are overtaking them, OVER the double line. Scared the s--- out
of me.

        Don