Re: Revalving and Rebuilding Konis

To: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Revalving and Rebuilding Konis
From: Rex Tener <rex_tener@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:29:15 -0700
At 01:59 PM 8/15/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>as far as I know, they don't rebuild konis...
>
>Truechoice does, but they're pretty far away... I've never used them.
>http://www.truechoice.com

The other two authorized Koni rebuilders are Koni North America
<http://www.koni-na.com/> and Pro Parts West
<http://www.propartsusa.net/KoniRC.html>.

I used Pro Parts West for my Koni Double Adjustables, turn around time was
3 weeks for building and two weeks for revalving.  However, that was at the
beginning of the season, they might be a little bit busier now.  Koni NA
states about the same amount of time on their web site for similar
services.  Koni NA will cut the time to 3 days for a 50% overtime
surcharge.  They don't say if the 50% charge applies to just the labor
portion of the bill, or to the materials and labor.

Based on my experience so far, with getting the shocks built, revalved, and
testing to determine the correct settings with double adjustables, the time
to get started for shocks for next year is the day after the Solo II
nationals ends this year.

--
Rex Tener
rex_tener@yahoo.com