Re: Revalving and Rebuilding Konis

To: Ralph Elder <ralph@nars.com>
Subject: Re: Revalving and Rebuilding Konis
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:28:51 -0700
I've used Truechoice purchasing and revalving my shocks a few years ago.
Mark (Don't know his last name) did a pretty good job on my shocks. Him
and I consulted serveral times on the telephone thus he than know what
to do on the valving and produce the revalved shocks. The first
revalving attempt took care of about 90% of my problem.

Mark has since left Truechoice and now is working for Koni North
America. As Rex mentioned there are only two authorized Koni Service
Centers in the country. Pro Parts and Truechoice and than there is Koni.

One thing you need to know is that asking for the autocross setup may
not be the right setup for your driving style, car setup, etc. but it
will get you in the right ballpark. You will need to be very precise in
what you tell them on how you want the shocks to perform such as more
bump less rebound and how much more/less you want.

In my opinion, revalving the shocks is one of the last/final things you
want to do insofar as tuning your suspension. Don't forget to do your
posi first before you start your suspension tuning.

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@ix.netcom.com