Re: DNWs for course workers

To: Donald R McKenna <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: DNWs for course workers
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:25:25 -0700
Recording every car on every run could be done at every event at every
work station, as is done at divisionals, Tours, & Nationals. Each corner
station is given a clip board where one worker is assigned to list each
car as it goes by, jot done the number of cones hit in the corner's area
(all areas need to be clearly defined so that there is no overlapping),
or jot down with a dash that is was clean.
        At the end of the group, the pylon logs (as these sheets are called)
can be turned in and the cone counts that had been called in can be
verified by the chief scorer. Hmmm, could that be me? Or by an audit
committee of 2 each group. This could come under a separate job heading,
and would be "in between run groups," and count as a work assignment. I
suggest separate workers besides me because a pair of fresh eyes eight
times a day is far more accurate than one set of tired eyes the next
day.
        We wouldn't need to stop the event as is done at the "higher" level
events so the pylon logs can be picked up, delaying the event.
        We can do this, if we want.
--Pat Kelly