RE: DNWs for course workers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: DNWs for course workers
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:50:55 -0700
This is getting WAY to serious...

 > I think we ought to start handing out some DNWs for course workers who
don't >announce cones promptly and accurately, don't reset the course
promptly and >accurately, ...

So who is the "WE" that renders this judgement?  This IS a great way to get
entry numbers down.  How many of these people branded as indolent will be
back? I have seen plenty of mistakes (and made them), but I have never
witnessed course workers deliberately ignore downed cones they actually
have seen or not reset a course they knew was wrong.

 > I'm tired of hearing cone counts come in on "the red car" (which has
two-foot class
 >and numbers on the sides) ...

Fact of life: sometimes the radio person is viewing the car from the rear
or front, and can't see the numbers clearly enough to read them.

Dave