RE: DNWs for course workers

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: DNWs for course workers
From: David Rowney <daver@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:22:07 -0700
At 10:51 AM 7/13/00 -0700, you wrote:
 >At the last event I attended, I had two separate incidents where cones
were knocked down and the >nearest course workers simply stood there and
watched.

I didn't see what you saw. You are assuming they were being lazy?  I'm
assuming that they were probably new and didn't know what to do and needed
some instruction/correction from more experienced workers.  You want to
disqualify them.  I want them to learn how to work the course. Maybe
inexperienced workers need to be paired with experienced ones.

>>Fact of life: sometimes the radio person is viewing the car from the
>>rear or front, and can't see the numbers clearly enough to read them.
>
>You know what, Dave?  Part of working course correctly is REGISTERING the
>number of each car as it enters your section, so that you CAN provide that
>information when calling in cones.  If you can't ever see the side of the
>car, you're working on a straightaway and shouldn't need to be there.

Yes, it should be done that way. But it just doesn't always happen.  You
want to disqualify someone for that?

Dave