Re: Rules for Tech Inspection

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rules for Tech Inspection
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@liquidaudio.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 22:10:43 -0700
At 05:55 PM 5/11/00 -0700, Scot Zediker wrote:

>--- Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
>wrote:
>
> > I do do a thread engagement on variois wheels
> > depending on the car. At
> > the 98 Divisional this was done at the discretion
> > tech inspector it that
> > depended on the wheel & vehicle type. Yes certain
> > cars and wheels were
> > profiled.
>
>I had this done at the Castle divisional; I was
>running street tires on American Racing rims.

I remember Kevin McCormick checking thread engagement on my wheels at both
the 98 and 99 divisionals.  Mine were a hair short, but luckily after Rex
Tener and Kevin discussed it, I was allowed to run.  Since then, I bought
longer lug bolts all the way around....

But, if you want to talk about tough tech inspections, go through the tech
line at Duel at DeAnza!  Those tech guys are truly dedicated - the most
thorough tech I've ever been through.  Cars were being jacked up, lugs
removed, etc., etc., etc.  Funniest thing was that the tech guy checked
over my car, then told me, "You need cotter pins."  I looked at him and
said in my most intelligent and aware manner, "Huh?"  He dashed off, came
back, and dumped in my hand four little cotter pins - I looked at them,
then him, and once again wittily responded, "Huh?".  He finally noticed my
vacant stare, and showed me that there's a little hole in the snap-on ends
of my harnesses.  The cotter pins keep the gate from opening up...

:-)

Jim Ochi
jochi@liquidaudio.com