Re: Rules for Tech Inspection

To: Scot Zediker <mx5_1991@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Rules for Tech Inspection
From: Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 17:59:22 -0700
Scot Zediker wrote:

> --- Kenneth Allan Mitchell <nokones@ix.netcom.com>
> wrote:
> > Leaky beer kegs and suction cup radar
> > detectors will be
> > required to be removed before the car passes tech.
>
> Leaky beer kegs?  Do those make you faster? ;)

It depends on the brand of beer. I would think that any lite beer would
be faster in this case.

> > I do do a thread engagement on variois wheels
> > depending on the car. At
> > the 98 Divisional this was done at the discretion
> > tech inspector it that
> > depended on the wheel & vehicle type. Yes certain
> > cars and wheels were
> > profiled.
>
> I had this done at the Castle divisional; I was
> running street tires on American Racing rims.  And the
> guy was thorough on this; it wasn't enough that I'd
> backed off the nut five times and it was still
> threaded on the stud.  (It did surprise me that he
> asked where my battery was, given the number of people
> that autocross Miatas.)

Kevin Mc Cormick and his staff do an excellent job at Tech. You will
have the pleasure of receiving his and his staff's services again this
year at the divisional.

--
Kenneth Allan Mitchell
mailto:nokones@ix.netcom.com