Re: best line

To: mrc01@flash.net
Subject: Re: best line
From: Larrybsp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 10:48:22 EDT
from:larrybsp@aol.com (Larry Stark)

             Kit,
                 I'll grant you light cars stopper better than heavy cars
in most instances. I can't change the laws of physics. I do not
agree that that a light car will be faster because it probably has a
fraction of the torque and horsepower of a bigger heavier car. I also
disagree that a small light car handles better than a larger heavier
car. Look at how many times the SS Corvettes have taken top time
of day or Pax'd TTOD.

             Just an observation but I rarely see small rice burners at
open track events with the exception of the last gen RX-7's. In a
venue where speed, handling and braking are equalized the bigger
high horsepower cars are always going to be faster. If you think I'm
off base your welcome to come down to Buttonwillow on June 10th
and show me how much faster your ? is than my Corvette. FWIW.

   Larry

 To:    Larrybsp@aol.com
 CC:    kitwetzler@mindspring.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net

 Hmmmmm. . . perhaps that's because -- all else being equal --
 lighter cars are faster, handle better and stop quicker?