RE: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock

To: "Chris Hammond \(sccaforums.com\)" <lists@christoc.com>,
Subject: RE: GH's Question on Street Tires for Stock
From: "pethier@isd.net" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 12:33:27 -0600
> There is nothing that says R-Compounds are required, so
> that argument about keeping autocross low costs isn't
> valid.

This statement is just as absurd as the recent statement
that "if you don't like the higher speed, don't drive that
fast".

The difference is that the poster of that statement followed
it with a smiley so we knew he was laughing along with us.

So, I will choose to laugh at this statement about
R-Compounds as the joke it must be, because if I assume it
was made seriously, it adds nothing to the discussion.

Rules are an (by nature imperfect) attempt to create a level
playing field for a contest.  Attempts to "keep autocross
costs low" (a very difficult thing to do, of course) need to
address class rules to keep costs low for someone actually
trying to win the class.  Otherwise, no attempt to keep
costs low would ever be required.  Rules have little affect
on people who knowingly enter events with cars which do not
approach the limits of the rules.

1962 TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban, 1994 Miata
C package
pethier@isd.net
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier