Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances

To: autox@autox.team.net, seb@scca.com
Subject: Street Tires in Stock Classes and Fewer Allowances
From: jdmurphy47@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:47:35 -0500
With Danny Shields' recent articles about this and several postings touching on
this subject along with high speeds being obtained by high performance stock
cars (like SS), it is now high time to propose the  removal of DOT R Tires
(called "cheater slicks") from the stock classes.  There are many arguments in
favor of this but several readily come to mind:
1. The technology of stock cars and street tires is advancing and DOT slicks
are no longer needed.
2. The stock class will come closer to being truly "stock" by one step and help
the newbies.
I am sure others on this list can add to this.

Two other stock allowances should be considered for removal:
1. Cat back exhaust - the new exhausts are better.
2. Any air filter - again better stock technology.

The only one that I would keep is the shock absorber allowance but I would cost
restrict these - if this is even possible.

Time to make stock more "stock" and still have lots of fun.

Jim