Re: [evolution-disc.] Statement from the Ft. Myers National

To: "Sam & Greg Scharnberg" <samandgreg@netins.net>
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Statement from the Ft. Myers National
From: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:41:28 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

> Using your example, the term "stock and street prepared cars" is used in
> the first guideline.  This makes it very clear that vehicles within
> certain
> class categories are to be used as yardsticks.
>
> In the second guideline they use the word "unprepared" which is NOT a
> class
> category.

In addition, "Stock" and "Street Prepared" are capitalized (i.e. proper
nouns / names for things) while "unprepared" is in lowercase (i.e. an
adjective).

Of course, back in the day the street prepared category didn't exist in
any event.  Making the assumption that this rule has been around since
then, it could have meant what Steve thinks it does.  Then, later on, it
was updated to refer to Stock and Street Prepared classes in the first
part but the 2nd part wasn't updated.

I could easily see it going either way.  The only way you're going to know
for sure is to go ask the people that wrote it in the first place.

I will say that "unprepared" in the adjective sense of the word is a
pretty silly thing...  For instance does adding DOT-R tires to a stock car
make it "prepared" then?  Or do you also need shocks?

Certainly this section is a good candidate for a rewrite to clear up the
confusion, whatever the outcome of this.

Mark