Re: [evolution-disc.] Statement from the Ft. Myers National

To: "Steve Hoelscher" <127dp@bellsouth.net>, <Ghsharp@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Statement from the Ft. Myers National
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:01:51 -0600
Steve:

Using your example, the term "stock and street prepared cars" is used in
the first guideline.  This makes it very clear that vehicles within certain
class categories are to be used as yardsticks.

In the second guideline they use the word "unprepared" which is NOT a class
category.

Using this as the example, one can logically believe the term "unprepared",
used in exactly the same context just two sentences further down 2.1.A, is
intended to indicate that it is not referring to a category(s) of vehicles,
just a generic term for cars that have not been prepared to the Solo
rules.  It still seems to me that if they meant "stock category vehicles",
they would have said "stock category vehicles".

IMHO

Greg Scharnberg

PS:  As with all rules, it should have been written so what is "intended"
is clear to everyone.