Re: [Solo II Safety Stewards list] Re: Statement from the Ft.

To: sss@lists.carlc.com
Subject: Re: [Solo II Safety Stewards list] Re: Statement from the Ft.
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 07:24:31 -0800
Hi,

   If it wasn't clear in my previous post, I see the "top speed" and
"turn speed" as two separate issues.  In no way would I even consider a
70 mph turn, only straight sections. In fact, I believe it would be very
difficult to design a course that did not have a straight away either
before or after it that would allow higher speeds, so it would then be
somewhat self policing.  All IMHO, of course

  The rest of my post was meant to imply that possibly with the advent
of better cars and tires, maybe 50 mph turns are OK.  I believe the 70
mph straight top speed limit (Montana excepted :^)) is quite adequate
for a Solo2 course.
Again, this all falls back on "safe for conditions".

Bill