Re: [evolution-disc.] Ft Myers protests

To: ebsalem1@cox.net, samandgreg@netins.net, dwlists001@earthlink.net,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] Ft Myers protests
From: sjmarcy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 09:38:02 -0500
Well how course speed is determined can be done in a variety of ways.  A neat
thing about the data loggers is that they are very accurate and show exactly
where the speed took place on the track map.  This can help the course designer
and officials confirm that the course meets the rules and if not just where the
issue(s) are, possible ways to make an adjustment, etc.   Way more reliable
than a radar gub which requires more skill to operate and whose lag could miss
peaks.  You can get results seconds after a run, no big delays or effort is
needed.  Most cars hit their rev limiter in 2nd gear in the 60-70 MPH range, so
this would also tend to mean that their should be little if any rev limiter
holds in 2nd for many cars.

In terms of the different cars and classes well that is already taken care of
in the rules...course speeds in the low 60s for the fastest cars are supposed
to be the approximate ceiling.  So the slowest cars would tend to be slower.
If there are differences in split times, it seems to me that whichever car hits
the highest speeds is the benchmark more or less.

Stan