RE: [evolution-disc.] Ft Myers protests

To: <SJMARCY@aol.com>, <samandgreg@netins.net>, <dwlists001@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] Ft Myers protests
From: "Eric Salem" <ebsalem1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 01:11:06 -0600
<<
A great way to look at course speeds is with a GPS data logger.  You  can
get uber accurate MPH readings every 1/100th of a second tied to a course
map.

While very cool tech-wise I'd like to suggest that the above concept is an
example of the basic flaw in SOLO today.

Make a course where the GPS says the A Mod car is always going 60MPH then
create some handicap or PAX so the hand-me-down taurus can compete in HS
too.

Different cars have different abilities!

Different drivers have different drivers! We know the time delta's between
Gregs car and my FP car. So lets do a divisional event with greg in my car
and I'm in his. Then we have a new delta. The Greg Eric PaX.....

That porsche GT3 was perfectly safe at whatever speed it was running. I've
solo'd a couple of them it was safe and possibly bored at that speed. It was
a very boring drive

People go to amazing lenghts to get this one-size-fits-all concept to work.
But never does.

Could we look at this?

Looser rules at regional events in Stock's slower classes
Right and Proper rules for divisionals and Natz

Don't what to get too much riled up, but it something to look at.

Just a thought...