re: Ft Myers speeds

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Ft Myers speeds
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:22:31 -0600
I still haven't heard from anyone about the speed measuring device that was
used.  I am still assuming it was radar.  I certainly hope it was something
much more accurate than a competitor's guess at how fast they were going
based on tach or speedo.  Competitor's estimate of their speed is
unbelievably inaccurate.

I am also curious about the SSS at the event.  Did the SSS not realize how
fast that section was going to be, or did the organizers bully them into
accepting the course?  One of the most dangerous situations that I have
seen was at a Tour several years ago.  When I brought it up to the SSS, I
was pretty much ignored.  Luckily, nothing bad happened.

Greg Scharnberg