Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>,
Subject: Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:13:01 -0700
The impression I get is the legislation will impose greater testing
requirements on makers, not necessarily different specifications.  I don't
know for sure, that is simply the impression I got from the current
proposal.

If it's merely more testing and documentation like crash testing of cars,
then all it does is drive up costs for DOT R tires.  If it changes the
specification then that is a whole different question, and I wouldn't mind a
spec that made all DOT R's more like Kumho Victoracers.