Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: marka@telerama.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 21:49:14 -0400
Mark,
There are enough instances in the recent past of problems with Stock classed
cars using R tires. A lot of the stock suspensions aren't adjustable enough
to take advantage of the stick they provide. The suspension reacts abruptly
and the car goes bounding off in some random direction, or a tie rod breaks
or whatever.

I'm sure that some of the roll over problems they have at Natioanals are the
result of these conditions. It would just be worse with full out race tires.
The added stress on the suspension components would be enormous.

Larry Steckel