Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal

To: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>, "team.net"
Subject: Re: DOT Race Tires may become illegal
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 15:17:40 -0500
I've often wondered what the point of the DOT label was if the tire couldn't
practically be driven on the street.  Who cares if Hoosier can't supply a
DOT tire.  Drop the DOT and just make race tires.  Then change Stock and SP
rules to allow them.  Am I missing something more about the DOT label than
is obvious?

-A.