RE: ax-digest V1 #851

To: "'internet:autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ax-digest V1 #851
From: "Robert D. LaMoreaux" <Rob_LaMoreaux@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 16:39:51 -0400
> I know....
>
> SS = C5 Z06
> AS = Boxter S
> BS = RX-7 Turbo
> CS = BMW M3
> DS = C5 Vette (non Z06)
> ES = C4 Vette
> FS = BMW Coupe/Roadster
> GS = S2000
> MS = Mazda Miata
> ZS = Lincoln Towncar
>

> Did I miss anybody?  ;)

Yeah,

LS = Lotus Stock since everyone seems to think Chapman's intials on the
nose give an unfair advantage. ;-}

And yes old cars should be allowed stay in stock classes. There are even a
few old Lotus's that are still stock and you can get almost all the parts
still. Then there are the old Pony Cars that you can get any part for. Most
MGs and Porsche's still have stock parts available, and I'd rather see
people bringing the old cars out to run even if they may not be
competitive.

I know I don't care if I'm competive...I'm Having FUN!

If your going to Nationals than I'm sorry but you're going to have to spend
money to win....That's racing. I find it hard to believe the $4k shocks
make more difference over $400 shocks than the driver though. For us
regional guys out to have fun a 10 year rule makes no sense at all.

As far as tires, I went with the Yoko's since the others are too wide for
my stock springs and fenders, and I don't want to ruin the looks of the car
with flares.

Rob LaMoreaux
Ann Arbor, MI 48108-1273
Home: 734-971-5583
Work: 734-822-9696
Fax: 734-973-1103
Home email: Rob_LaMoreaux@compuserve.com
Work email: rlamoreaux@mtspt.com
Too many Hobbies.... Too Little Time
1969 Lotus Elan.....It's not a restoration, it's a never-ending adventure.
1979 Fiat Spider....Italian Farm cart for grocery getting
1988 Mustang GT.....Tired Old Workhorse, 201,000 miles and still kicking
2002 Corvette Coupe.....Reliable Logn Distance Highway Cruiser