Stock Class Model Year Exclusion

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock Class Model Year Exclusion
From: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:18:40 -0400
First and foremost IF we went to a 7/10 year rule in stock, the SCAC/SEB
would have a much easier time of classing cars.  Probably 70% of the cars
listed in the rule book would be gone from NATIONAL competition.  The last
30% will be broken out into Ultra Competitive classes.  Since all newer cars
share similar technologies, the SCAC/SEB can better brake up that remaining
cars into 9 classes, perhaps even drop a few.

This is how it might look.
SS - The Ultra Stock that people here seem to want.
(Z06/Viper/Ferrari/Whatever)
AS - Sports Car High Performance (C4 Corvette/RX7TT)
BS - Sports Car Medium Performance (S2000/M3/Boxster/ And ALL F Bodies)
CS - Sports Car Low Performance (Miata/MR2/IS300/3 Series BMW)
DS - Sport Touring (FWD High Perfomance) (TypeR/Subaru's/New Integra Type
S/Mini S)
ES -  Sport Touring (FWD Medium Performance) (Celicas/Foci/Civics/Mini (non
S))

It's simple.  It's easy to explain to a novice. And pretty balanced.  Less
classes.

I know I will hear it from the F-Body crowd about them being in BS.  They
could go into CS.  But with a 7/10 year rule and the impending end of F-Body
Camaro's, FS will eventually be dissolved.  Or we will have a spec Mustang
class.