Noisy Tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Noisy Tires
From: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 08:09:37 -0400
I think it was last week there was a thread here about noisy tires. Last
summer I bought a 2000 model MPV for my wife to replace the 1990 model. It
seemed to me that the tires on that van were noisy to the point of
distraction, however, I didn't have anything to compare it with until I put
on a set of Blizzaks for the winter. The MPV now was as quiet as a limo.

Of course, the noisy tires were buried in the back of the shed, and I had a
Senior Moment and couldn't remember the brand of those tires.

Yesterday afternnon, I emptied the shed and took off the Blizzaks. The noisy
tires are Falken Zeix ZE-502a in 205/65/HR15 size. Two of them have 380 wear
numbers the other two show 420 numbers.

I have no problem with how the Falken tires function, they are most
certainly wear well, they are just LOUD!

Larry Steckel