Re: Jeep Liberty Rollover

To: "Marc Dencker [MS]" <marcdencker@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Jeep Liberty Rollover
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:35:52 -0800
On Monday, November 26, 2001, at 08:02 PM, Marc Dencker [MS] wrote:
> I had a jeep Cherokee last week as our Audi a4 avant was in the shop.
> One of the first things I noticed in the jeep is the warning about
> changing lanes at speed (read roll over warning) on the sun visor.
>
> The car felt really crappy in corners at way lower speeds than the Audi
> of my Boxster does. I was really happy to get out of this 'we'll give
> you a really nice rental car' and back in my non-SUV

Was this the "baby" Cherokee or the Grand Cherokee? I have an '89 "baby"
Cherokee and I think it handles pretty sporty for a SUV. Now I have the
towing package and stiff Rancho shocks but still I think it's a pretty
decent handling vehicle. I've driven other SUVs that are a lot more
tippy than the Jeep is. Of course I drive each vehicle I own based on
it's abilities, I don't try to make a race car out of the Cherokee and I
don't tow with the Miata :-).

- Alan Dahl