RE: Jeep Liberty Rollover

Subject: RE: Jeep Liberty Rollover
From: "Thomas VandenOever" <tavandy1@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:48:56 -0000

I have agree with Andy on this one. I work for a rather blue collar company.
There are quite a few "ladies" and "gentlemen" who work for this firm who
drive Expeditions, Jimmeys, Suburbans, and Excursions who believe that if
these vehicles weren't perfectly safe they wouldn't be available for sale.
They got the scare of their lives when one of these geniuses rolled their
SUV on an off ramp recently. Only time this Darwinian noticed the warning on
their sunvisor was when she climbed out over it! This person and several of
her coworkers give me grief constantly for racing in parking lots
(obligatory autocross content).

Ford succesfully played Firestone for the pansy in the past media farce.
Great marketing runs circles around common sense. At least pickups are
marketed as tough vehicles for working people. Not stupid urban
vanity-mobiles to replace your car.

I've blown a front tire on a Mercedes 230.6 at well over 120MPH (autobahn 81
heading for Sindelfingen{Home of Diamler/Benz} from Manheim). It wasn't
easy, but I didn't hit anything. Blown a rear tire in a GTI doing about the
same(A5 between Heidelburg and Frankfurt). Got to the shoulder in one almost
smooth move. Driven a 935 from Cuxhavan to Munich in under 5 1/2 hours
(Yahoo says 533 miles and yes it was midnight when I started). Certifiable
Nut (ask Phil Osborne) who wouldn't drive any SUV over 80 in any case.

Nomex on order
Tom VandenOever
ex #7 ES Neon "Greon"
Soon to be IT Neon "Bluon"