Re: A "central" location (was Re: SCCA national office move)

Subject: Re: A "central" location (was Re: SCCA national office move)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:01:09 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Patrick Washburn wrote:
> Yikes!!!!  You trying to kill us?!?  That would 10 times worse than the one
> shot Topeka deal.  Now you are really talking about a have vs. have-not
> situation.
>
> > IMO, a National Championship should be decided off of a series of events,
> > not one.  Maybe we should forget Nationals and just add up points from the
> > National Tours.

Personally, with the caveat that you split this into "East" and "West", I
think this would be a killer idea.  How does it cost any more Pat?  You
already go to all those events.  Do it similarly to Pros and get points at
the Tours.  Anyone can go to Nats, and that's where the East vs. West gets
decided.

Much less likely to have weather affect the outcome of a national
championship is only _one_ of the benefits that system would have...

Mark