Re: A "central" location (was Re: SCCA national office move)

To: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>, "Randy Noll" <rnoll98@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: A "central" location (was Re: SCCA national office move)
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:59:58 -0700
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Pozner" <apozner@ptd.net>
To: "Randy Noll" <rnoll98@yahoo.com>; "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 2:03 PM

> Do you really believe that the "talent" won't drive an extra 500 miles?
Also
> if it takes you 4 days to go cross country you don't like driving enough.
It
> takes 56 easy hours to go NY - LA.

With one driver?

Here's the deal.  I'm running Nationals this year.  I have to drive from San
Jose.  I'm driving the vehicle I will compete in from San Jose to Topeka.
My wife doesn't know how to drive a stick.  According to Mapquest, the drive
from San Jose to Topeka should take about 36 hours.  Trouble is, I can't
stay awake that long without becoming a danger to myself and others on the
road.

Furthermore, it is almost impossible to sleep in a Miata and feel rested
afterwards.  I'm allotting 3 days each way (about 12 hours drive time each
day).  That's just my circumstances; if I could find someone to share the
driving duties (and a roomy enough tow beast), I'd seriously consider making
the drive straight through.

Scot "offering a different perspective edition" Zediker
'91 CS Miata