Re: Prepared Cantillever Tire Rule Vent

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Prepared Cantillever Tire Rule Vent
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:59:01 -0500
Gary M writes:

<snip>

With a few years of research, the wider rim package may become the faster
setup, but only time will tell. If you are already running cantillevers,
keep
on running them. If you are setting up a car, and don't have rims yet, you
may want to wait a little longer.

Thanks for the explanation. Perhaps you should have written the blurb in
Fastrack. :)

But I still don't like it. To me stock and SP are the DOT classes and
Prepared and Mod are the slick classes. If someone wants to run DOT tires on
rims that are legal for the class that would be his business but I don't
like the idea of allowing bigger wheels. It sure sounds like this was dreamt
up by some SP guy is thinking of gutting his car and perhaps going for an
easier Nationals win in Prepared to me, but everybody already tells me I'm
paranoid. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Paul Foster