Re: Fram Oil Filters

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fram Oil Filters
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:57:08 -0600
You just educated yourself.  The bypass pressure is the pressure at which
the valve opens and the oil flows through without going through the
filtering media.

In general, from the oil filter data I've looked at, larger oil filters have
a lower bypass pressure than smaller oil filters.

I run a larger oil filter on my car (for more volume and filter surface
area) but I make sure the bypass pressure is the same 11-17psi and M20x1.5
thread that a 95 Probe GT calls for.

Brian (who uses a PureOne 10193, a filter from a 92 DSM)

--
Brian Berryhill
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/brianberryhill/