Re: Fram Oil Filters

To: Larry Steckel <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fram Oil Filters
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:53:12 -0500
Larry Steckel wrote:
> There are a lot of different grades of filter paper available.
> Fram uses an inexpensive one due to the volumes involved.

There are also a lot of different Fram filters.  Anyone know if
this generalization carries across their entire product line?

Lots of race cars use the Fram HP series -- designed to take much
higher pressures.  I use the HP-1 on my Formula Ford, as
recommended by a couple of engine builders.  Do these filters,
not designed for the masses, have the same weaknesses as the
commodity filters?  (I know, I'll have to cut one open and see...)

Mark