RE: Pro Solo Format Change

To: "'HEYWARD WAGNER'" <h_kenyon@email.msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Pro Solo Format Change
From: Kevin McCormick <ktm@unify.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:49:08 -0800
And I will continue to add to the list of those that want to include
reaction time - I've never claimed to be great at the lights (if ya
redlight, it doesn't matter _how_ fast the run was) BUT I like the thrill of
doing yellow, yellow... wait for it... go!)  And that part 'psyches' me up
for the run - if I know I can leave on the last yellow, or the green, that
removes a big portion of ProSolo.  Heck, I wish we could have the tree for
Nationals :-)

And again, Howard, Tasha, Paula, Cindy (sp?), Grady (I KNOW I'm forgetting
one or two..)  do a most excellent job of running the show and without them
the events wouldn't be nearly as fun.  I just think that you're losing a big
part of the 'feel' of ProSolo - The announcer will no longer be able to
(well, need to say) 'what a great light for Patty Tunnell.  I can't belive
she got away with that!'  Instead what do you get - 'yep, no red light'....
Ok, so they can announce reaction time, but it's not the same.

>From another person (me) who consides the challenge a 'bonus round' - it is
Sunday Morning that is the 'real' challenge - either improve, or drop down
in the standings.  The challenge is your 'treat' for doing that...  This is
NOT meant to belittle challenge competition and winners - lord know David
Palmquest (sp?  Sorry David!) and the rest have my utmost respect for being
consistently 'ON' for five rounds...

Kevin McCormick
GS 1997 Integra Type-R
2000 GS ProSolo Champion (ok, so I'm biased)