Pro Solo Format Change

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Pro Solo Format Change
From: Jonathan Roberts <jorober5@vt.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 09:15:10 -0500
To whom it may concern (To Anyone who'll listen):

You can also count me in as part of the camp that would like to see ProSolo
continue to use E.T. + R.T. for ALL competitors' runs, not just the Challenge
Rounds.

To me, part of the thrill of Pro Solo is the launch itself.  This is one of
the important things that makes Pro Solo different than Solo 2.  Additionally,
MOST of the Pro Solo competitors don't make the challenge and to deprive them
of one of the more interesting aspects of the sport doesn't seem quite fair.

I hope everyone understands what a tough job Howard and all of the SCCA folks
have trying to keep everyone happy.  If it turns out that we will only use
E.T. for the runs other than the challenge runs, I'll keep my mouth shut and
adjust.  However, I think this is a good forum for those of us who participate
in the Pro Solo format to let our voices be heard.  Like many issues that have
arisen lately, if the views are strong enough many times we can band together
to make a difference in our sport.

Jonathan Roberts
CS '91 MR2