Re: Pro Solo Format Change

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pro Solo Format Change
From: "Brian Berryhill" <brianberryhill@flashmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 20:28:26 -0600
Some of the local autox's I've ran in have had the start line point at only
a 15-20 degree angle from the timing line, so a drag launch (in my PGT
anyway) can net you a 0.5 second improvement in your time.

I don't think autox's should require this kind of clutch abuse or drag
launch technique since it can make a noticeable difference in times.  The
first 60' of an autox should have some kind of speed limiting curve or
corner so that a leisurely rollout is all you need to build up enough speed
for the limiting curve or corner so that those people who don't know how to
launch a car aren't penalized for it.

I don't mind though, since I think I can launch my car about as good as the
other guy.

Brian

> To me, part of the thrill of Pro Solo is the launch itself.  This is one
of
> the important things that makes Pro Solo different than Solo 2.
Additionally,
> MOST of the Pro Solo competitors don't make the challenge and to deprive
them
> of one of the more interesting aspects of the sport doesn't seem quite
fair.