Re: Need help with A-Stock SCCA Rules

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: Need help with A-Stock SCCA Rules
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 22:13:50 -0600
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>

>You can only bolt in your roll bar or roll cage and still be legal in Stock
>or even Street Prepared. If you weld it in you are automagically bumped to
>Prepared. IMHO, this is wrong and even dangerous but this is the way the
>rules are currently written.

Not unless they have been changed recently.  Roll bars may be welded,
according to my 1998 book.  Has this changed?

13.2.G.  Roll bars and roll cages may be added (See Appendix C).  It is
strongly recommended that they be constructed according to Section 18 of
the current GCR.  Roll bars may be welded.  Roll cages must be bolted,
not welded, into the automobile and within the driver/passenger
compartment.  A roll cage has more than four attachment points to the
body or frame, or has bracing both fore and aft of the main hoop.
[1998 stock-category rules]

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.