Need help with A-Stock SCCA Rules

To: autox@autox.team.net, jon_mx5@hotmail.com
Subject: Need help with A-Stock SCCA Rules
From: "Murray, Matthew D." <MDMURRAY@gwns.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 03:48:00 -0500
I *might* be able to help you, Jonathan.  :^) I'll
reply to each specific question, below.

Matt Murray
1995 968 with the M030 package & limited slip
For Sale!
mattm@optonline.net
>From: Jonathan Franks
>Hi! This year, I'm going to switch from autocrossing my Miata to a '94
>Porsche 968. SCCA puts the 968 in A-Stock. I need to know what class each
of
>the following modifications will put me into:

>1. Upgrading from standard 16" (7" front, 8" rear) to 17" (7.5" and 9").
>This was the optional wheel for the 968 in '94, but my car wasn't ordered
>with sport wheels.

A stand only option (I think the code is #403),
very legal for A Stock. They were also part of
the sport chassis (code #030/#P31, AKA, M030).

>2. Installing a roll bar. This is a coupe, but for DEs and track events, I
>am putting a roll bar with harness guides in the car.

It shouldn't change class, unless you have to do radical
changes to fit it in the interior.

>3. A 5 point safety harness.

Same as the rollbar. Legal.

>4. Recaro SRD seats (driver and passenger) with harness guides.

As others have said, changing the seats, will place the car in a
Street Prepared or higher class.

>Thanks!
> -Jon
>'94 Porsche 968