RE: Need help with A-Stock SCCA Rules

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Need help with A-Stock SCCA Rules
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:39:06 -0500
Eric Linnhoff in KC writes:

<<<I thought there was a FasTrack clarification that now allows welding in
of
roll bars or cages into Stock and SP (and subsequently ST) cars.  Please
tell me if I'm wrong folks as this is in my plans for the upcoming Solo
season.

Per the 11-2000 SEB minutes:
following change is being recommended to the BOD, effective 1/1/2001:
Replace the first sentence of 14.2.G with "Roll bars must comply with
Section 13.2.G in Stock category. Roll cages must comply with the following:
(a) The roll cage need not be removable. It shall be bolted or welded to the
car. (b) The cage shall attach to the car at no more than 8 points,
consisting of the basic cage with 6 attachment points, and 2 additional
braces. (c) The forward part of the cage shall be mounted to the floor of
the vehicle. In addition, the 2 optional braces referred to in (b) may be
mounted, one on either side, from the forward section of the cage to the
firewall or front fender wells. No braces shall pass through the front
firewall." Comment: this brings the SP roll cage rules into consistency with
the GCR, and provides an opportunity for SP participation by Showroom Stock
cars which, due to trunk kits, may otherwise only be legal for Prepared and
Modified. "

The way I read this it is also applicable to Stock cars. Right/wrong?

I missed this announcement during the holiday rush. (That's my excuse and
I'm sticking to it.)

No, I take this to mean that you can now weld in a roll cage for SP but you
must still bolt it in for stock. Too bad. They completely missed the point
(again).

Paul Foster