Re: drag racin' fun

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Subject: Re: drag racin' fun
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:22:14 -0700

Not true Eric.  All drag strips have to run under nationwide rules.  You must
run with windows up or a net.  If you are running a convertible, you need to
have arm restraints or the top up.  My Sunbeam Tiger was almost not allowed to
run because rules state that any car with a battery in the trunk must have an
external emergency shut-off switch.  It took me a few minutes to convince them
it was stock.  They let me through but weren't happy about it.

Anything that runs under 14.0 needs to have a driver wearing a helmet.  Etc.

Your stock Neon was no threat to any of the rules, therefor you didn't hear
about any.

BTW:  Leverone's stock ACR runs 15.5 on a cool night and 15.9 on a hot humid
one...

AB
RX-7 that can 'only' run 13.4 @ 104

========================
Don, you just need to find yourself a local strip that has "grudge"
nights.  Anything is legal as long as it doesn't spew fluids or drop
parts everywhere.

Last night the tech procedure was "Hey, is this a stock car, and is the
battery held down snugly?"  I replied "yes".   "Here's your number for
the night."

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

Patrick Henry:
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone
who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it
but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Benjamin Franklin:
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary
safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."